Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Daughter of the Most High King, part 1 of 6

Roles

First and foremost (or at least it should be) is my choice to follow Christ, making me a daughter of the Most High King. I say it should be because although I recognize this in my head, I can’t say that my actions always show it. When I have a headache, is my first reaction to ask God to bring comfort or is it to complain and take aspirin? More often than not it’s to simply complain. Yeah, not proud of that one. Some things I think I take for granted because it’s just become part of how I live. Like asking for God’s blessing before a meal, or not swearing. Things become habit and I don’t have to think about it anymore. That’s not all bad-it becomes who I am-but maybe it keeps from remembering to ask God if building a new house is part of His will for my life. I’m amongst the guilty when it comes to deciding what I want and then asking God to bless it, rather than asking Him what He wants me to do.

Some of you might be familiar with Psalms 37:4 which says, “Delight yourselves also in the LORD and He shall give you the desires of your heart.” As a new believer I took that to mean that God wants to give me what will make me happy. That might be the case, but as my faith has matured I see it more like this: If I’m willing to let go of what I want, He will fill my heart with what He desires me to have. Hmm, what would I choose? Whatever grand thing my created mind can conjure up, or the Grandest Plan of The Creator? It can be hard to let go, which reminds me of a story that I think of when I read this verse. Which would you rather have?

No comments:

Post a Comment