Sunday, January 17, 2010

Favorite Web Sites

I wish this were a post telling you about some of my favorite sites, and maybe I'll still do that, but I'm really wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to clean up my Favorites folder. I try to keep subfolders so that like items can be kept together, but sometimes I just can't think if a good subfolder and it gets saved to the general file. Once that happens it seems harder to find in the future. What's the point of having a Favorites folder if I can't find what I need? Today feels like a good time to sort thru them and move some to better places, but within Internet Explorer I can only move one item at a time and I really don't have the patience for that! I think I'll try a web search for a little file I can download to make this easier. I tried exporting the info and opening it in Word so I could move things around, but it didn't import back in properly.

I did a few searches looking for a tool to help me, but didn't find what I was looking for, so I just decided to work on it a little at a time. I just completed the folder named Farm & Animals. I'd been putting all kinds of stuff there and broke it into Garden and Homesteading. Guess I'll just keep plugging away!

2 comments:

  1. Missy from HHH1/17/10, 5:41 PM

    (Missy from the HHH group on CM) Firefox has some plug ins where you can import and export favorite websites and book mark links. IE might have something like that, also, if you search for Internet Explorer Bookmark Plug Ins. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I manged to get it done without a seprate program and it didn't take as long as I thought.

    ReplyDelete