Thursday, January 7, 2010

Adrenal Fatigue

It's been a year since I learned of this malady and its affect on my life, maybe 9 or 10 months since I found good material to combat it, but only 7 or 8 since I started applying what I learned. I'd love to be able to say that I've followed all suggestions all the time and feel 100% better now, but I'd be lying, and that's against the Top 10. :-)

I'm feeling worn out right now, so probably won't go into too many details in this post, but the fact that I feel this way is the reason for making the post. I've really noticed that when I don't eat enough (even if it's the wrong stuff) I have absolutely no energy/drive and have fuzzier thinking. I'm not necessarily tired enough to go to sleep, but I don't feel like doing anything. So I started thinking about what I've eaten today-nothing since noon and that's not good!
I had my hot cocoa with coconut oil this morning, with half a banana, then had my MOPS meeting this morning and we always have something to eat there. Today was a yummy spicy chicken dip, and I ate a lot of it! Plenty of protein, not much in the way of carbs, so no blood sugar problems, but then I haven't eaten anything since then and I feel so flat! This happened earlier in the week too. I keep saying that I'm going to make a menu plan with all 3 daily meals on it, but haven't yet. I want to get the grocery store sales ad to go from and haven't picked it up yet.

I know I need to eat but don't even feel like getting up to fix anything! Maybe we'll meet Tony at Denny's and get fueled up. That gives me a good image to share-fueling up at Denny's is like putting low grade gas in your car. It's not what's best for your car, but it keeps it running! Tomorrow I will work on the high octane booster fuel!

1 comment:

  1. Eating helped! I don't feel as fuzzy, but will go to bed earlier tonight to give my body extra rest.

    ReplyDelete