Saturday, January 9, 2010

Do My Thoughts Have to be in Order?

Or even make sense?  It's my blog, I should be able to make the rules, right?  My son and I just finished watching Inkheart and I think I enjoyed it more than he.  Tony is out of town tonight so we rented a movie for the two of us and I half way expected to partially watch it while sitting by him on the couch.  I even thought about moving the laptop there to write while we watched.  However, the movie started and I found it quite intriguing!  He wasn't as interested-it wasn't as much of a kids' movie as I thought.  Tony will need to see this one, that's how much I enjoyed it!

We like to watch movies, but are all too often disappointed in our choices.  We read they brief synopsis and our imaginations do a better job with that than the screenwriter(s).  The movie ends and we're both wondering what happened to the great story we were expecting.  Why did they do it that way?  Maybe we're too critical or our expectations are too high, but I'm to the point where I wince when he suggests we watch a movie because the options are limited to start with, and then we rarely enjoy what we just saw.

Anyway, back to the title.  I have so many ideas for things I want to write about, but feel like they should have order.  I think I might write the long version in Word and then post it in smaller pieces on the blog.  Then there will be the day to day happenings that I want to write about.  A friend of mine wrote about aprons and it reminds me that I want to learn to sew.  A few people have suggested that I teach myself with books.  I'm thinking I need more help than that.  However, the more I think about it, maybe I could learn from a book.  There's a little discount store in my town and they have a small fabric/craft section and whenever I go over there, I am drawn to the little leftover lengths of fabric they have for sale.  Perhaps I could buy some and cut them for cloth napkins and hand stitch the hems.  Could it be any easier-or is there a better way to start?

I better quit before this gets any longer.  I had about 3 more thoughts come to me, but they'll have to wait!

2 comments:

  1. A little cheaper way to start sewing is to go through your closet and see what is old and you don't wear any more. Cut those items into peices and start with them. Make yourself a little cloth doily or even scrap together a runner for you table with different colors. Just some ideas if your game to try it. Books will help you learn the stitches, and give you ideas. You can do it, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete