Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Online Rubbernecking

Is that a term? Can I use it to describe my out of control viewing of unnecessary exchanges of opinions online? I catch myself doing it daily, wondering why I think I have that much free time. If I could help someone with it, that'd be one thing, but I'm usually just reading to see what people think, and sometimes getting irritated that people can be so...stupid! I learned not to reply and add my thoughts, it just makes it worse for me. I'm pretty passionate about my opinions, and generally quite well educated in my beliefs. Combine that with a stubborn steak and strong independence and it can cause trouble. I don't want to cause trouble, so I learned to stay out of it (because I'm not likely to change a total stranger's mind about something anyway) but why do I keep reading it? If my To Do list was done for the day, I might be able to justify it, but it's not! Speaking of that list...better get back to it!

2 comments:

  1. OMG...I am horribly guilty of online rubbernecking! Especially just clicking to read random group posts on a certain site. And, like you, it totally irritates me sometimes. But I keep looking. Maybe because sometimes it reminds me of the person I used to be, and why I don't like that person anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL and I can TOTALLY RELATE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete