Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Learning Something New

Two things happened today that are related, but it wasn't my plan that they fall together this way. All thru the day I was thinking about all the new things I want and need to learn how to do, and thought a list of 2010 lessons would be good to start. I was thinking of how to make butter and cheese from all the fresh milk we should have; learning to sew, knit, and/or crochet; and various other things.

Yesterday I was at Costco and saw a Wahl hair cutting system for $20 and thought it was a good price to try cutting my husband and son's hair. Tony was excited to let me try and so tonight I cut his hair and our son's. I made a couple of mistakes, but nothing embarrassing for either one of them. We saved the cost of the unit already, so from this point forward we are money ahead!

So I learned to do something new, took a small chunk out of our expenses, and we spent the evening together. I'll have to put this on my list of skills acquired in 2010, even if I learned it before I made the list! ;-)

They're both quite handsome, if I may say so!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Ronnie cuts his hair, and the 2 little ones and SS cuts his own hair!! We always talk about how much money we save a year from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned how to do my boys hair last year and probably saved %150.00 from doing it!

    ReplyDelete