Monday, February 1, 2010

Success!

Finally! We found a method of restraining Elsie that actually works! Or that we were actually able to do properly, whichever the case may be. We tied a rope around her middle near her hips, just in front of her udder and secired it. This kept her from kicking me, but she would still move forward and back at times. After a while she would just stand there-wasn't even eating anymore. I'm so glad I was able to milk her out completely, as I think she needed it. I wonder if I'll be able to tie the rope around her middle by myself?

I have some research to do, and no time to do it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so very glad that you got the rope on and it worked. She should stop dancing around soon, too. Maybe that hind quarter hurt which was (is) a big problem. Get that fixed and you're in gravy! Let me know if you need hellp with any of the accomplishments you need to learn - but perhaps Kim can teach you, too.

    ReplyDelete