Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm Back!

At least I hope I am!  I'm writing this from my laptop, something I haven't been able to do for a couple of weeks now.  I think the hard drive is repaired, but the real test will come after the 1.34 GIGAbyte SP2 update is finished downloading and has been installed.  I got close once before and everything locked up.  I think this time it's going to work because I couldn't even do this before.

Tony complains about how slow his computer is and I've tried some diagnostics and fixes to see if I can speed it up, but after using it for a while I think the problem is the video card.  I'm thinking it just doesn't have the power to keep up.  Late Valentine's present to replace it for him?

I sure hope this fix works because I'm getting behind on things I need to do-like tax prep to get it all to the accountant.  I was going to sit here and install the programs I need, but decided it'd be better to wait for the service pack to finish.  SInce the downloader says that will be over 7 hours from now I think I'll just go to bed and see how things have progressed tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. If your anything like us, presents are just when ever something is needed. We only go all out for presents for the kids on holidays. All the rest of the time it's just whatever we need or want within reason.

    ReplyDelete