Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm Back!

At least I hope I am!  I'm writing this from my laptop, something I haven't been able to do for a couple of weeks now.  I think the hard drive is repaired, but the real test will come after the 1.34 GIGAbyte SP2 update is finished downloading and has been installed.  I got close once before and everything locked up.  I think this time it's going to work because I couldn't even do this before.

Tony complains about how slow his computer is and I've tried some diagnostics and fixes to see if I can speed it up, but after using it for a while I think the problem is the video card.  I'm thinking it just doesn't have the power to keep up.  Late Valentine's present to replace it for him?

I sure hope this fix works because I'm getting behind on things I need to do-like tax prep to get it all to the accountant.  I was going to sit here and install the programs I need, but decided it'd be better to wait for the service pack to finish.  SInce the downloader says that will be over 7 hours from now I think I'll just go to bed and see how things have progressed tomorrow.