Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm so happy!

I was heartbroken at the thought that my "favorites" file wasn't importing!  I have so many that I probably wouldn't be able to recreate it and who knows what cool things I would have lost.  I kept getting an error message that said the file was invalid.  But why?  I just saved it yesterday!  I finally realized the formatting of the hard drive left me with IE7 and I had been using IE8.  Didn't know 8 was so new that the version with my laptop was older (this is a fairly new laptop).  So I upgraded to 8 and everything worked just fine!  Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

  1. I have that problem with a lot of my Word files. I had my computer wiped this winter and had saved all my files on my backup drive. Now Word can't read them so I have to open them with WordPerfect (my favorite, anyway). Strange ... but at least I didn't lose them (whew!) ... I have so many stories that I am slowly, very slowly putting into a "book" for the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete