Tony agreed to try it too, and with his short hair I think it's working just fine. His hair feels just as soft and smooth as it always has. I'm wondering if I should get a blunt cut for a while? I think my ends are dry and that's affecting things. Sounds contradictory, but that's what's happening. Now for a few details.
- Prior to this experiment, I washed every other day.
- My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it.
- I'm using about a teaspoon of baking soda to about a half cup of water, every other day.
- Until today, I hadn't used the vinegar rinse, as I didn't have apple cider vinegar, but tried white distilled today. I think it made a slight improvement, but am withholding final judgement on that until I've used it again.
- On Monday I used goat milk soap instead of baking soda, and took a shower instead of a bath. Can't say either made much difference.
- One day, I simply put dry baking soda on my dry hair and massaged it into my scalp before rinsing out. Not sure that did anything either.