Saturday, March 27, 2010

Reading vs Doing

I love to read.  I have a stack of books from the library that probably exceeds my ability to read in the amount of time I have them, and that's with using a bit of restraint while at the library!  I also have a number of blogs I follow and each one has SO much that I want to explore-and THEIR list of blogs THEY like, and on it goes.  I've been reading blog posts for over an hour now and it causes me to think, "when do I stop reading and start doing?"  There's a lot to be said for research-learn the ins and outs before doing it, but at some point I just have to do it, right?  One of the blogs I just started following had a post about a Blogging Bee that sounds like fun.  I just need to read it again to understand how to do it correctly!  More reading before doing, haha!  ;-)

4 comments:

  1. BTW-mouse over the post to see the links. The first sentence and two in the sentence about the Blogging Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have exactly the same problem and blogged about it just the other day...surfing and reading and not working ha ha. You are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also very bad about this. I get an idea, so I start reading about it to learn more. I spend hours doing that and never get around to "doing" what it was I wanted to do in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not alone!! Do we need to start a support group? How do you do that? Maybe I should go read up on it...

    Julia-which of your blogs has the story about reading instead of doing?

    ReplyDelete