Tuesday, March 23, 2010

News This Week

  • Elsie went to Charm School.  Or is it Finishing School?  Her previous owner offered to take her and see if she can train her to be a good milk cow.  We jumped at the chance! 
  • Our son now enjoys playing in the pen with the goats because Elsie isn't there to trample him!
  • My weekly plan seems to be working.  I feel a sense of purpose AND freedom.  Nice combination.
  • Car trouble abounds.  We returned home from small group last night to discover a nearly flat tire on the minivan.  Tony took it to be repaired today and the guy broke the brake line!  It's just a little shop-I doubt the guy's gonna be able to pay for the repair, but we're gonna ask anyway.  Need a spare for the truck before we head to Flagstaff tomorrow.  Good news is we have an awesome mobile lube guy that comes to our house to change the oil.  How perfect is that?
  • Male readers be forewarned-the next statement is totally feminine and might not be suitable for you to read.  I did more research on washable, cloth pads for use during my period.  I think I'm going to order them.
I'm tired today.  Maybe because it was cloudy AND it's paperwork day, so I was focused and intent on my work.  Think I'll go to bed early tonight!

5 comments:

  1. I hope that Elise going to school will work. I am confident that it will. I think very few cows respond to training and you have gone a long way by yourselves so she shouldn't have too much further to go.

    Have you read about those hygienic cups that some women use? I had not when I was young enough to need them but I think they would have been nice to use. Washable pads are nice, too, if the men in your family are not exposed to them or don't object to them. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE tried "finishing school" for one of our rescued dogs, Princess, and flunked out. In fact, the instructor of the doggie obedience camp told me that I was his first flunkie.
    What an honor, eh?
    My husband just laughed. All it takes from him is a look in Princess' direction and that 90 plus pound rott mix is putty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE my Mama Cloth!!!!

    HIGHLY recommend Domino Pads!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the car troubles! I have heard of those pads, maybe I should read more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The car drama continued-the owner of the tire shop agreed to pay for repairs and sent us to a shop we've worked with before. Turns out if wasn't the break line, but the line for the rear AC. Easy fix, or should have been. We had plans to leave for Flagstaff at 4. We picked up the car about 330. I got home and was preparing for our departure and Tony never showed. He called to tell me it wasn't fixed, car was overheating, and he was back at the repair shop. I picked him up and we tried to figure out what to do. With 3 vehicles you'd think one being in the shop wouldn't stop us. However, the tires on the truck are getting worn and there's no spare (is now though). The Sebring just plain has problems. The soft top keeps separating from the rear window and driving at high speed would have been loud, not to mention very cold on the trip home! So we waited for the minivan and just left late.

    ReplyDelete