Friday, June 11, 2010

Goat Naming Contest

When we bought these yearlings in April I thought it would be fun to have a naming contest here.  Before I could get good pictures of them, my camera broke.  Once I replaced it, I just never got around to taking pictures of them, but now that we have a new doeling, I think it's time to find names for these 4 girls.




This is the new mama.


This is her baby.

This is the other mama...
and this is her 3 month old baby.
The rules are simple-leave a comment with your suggested names for each animal before midnight AZ time Friday, June 18th.  I'll choose a winner on Saturday, but since they are my goats I reserve the right to not choose any of the suggestions!  I'm thinking the prize will be one of my homemade bread bags (sorry, no bread with it), but they won't be done until June 29th.  Maybe the winner won't mind waiting?

8 comments:

  1. New Mama - Sweetie
    New Baby - Precious
    Brown & White - Winnie
    3 MO Baby - Button (as in - cute as a...)

    They're all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the following names:

    Beatrice
    Poppy
    Marmalade
    Sugar

    Your goats are so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need some names that will be different but cool and not TOO different.

    The mamma with the 3 month old baby could be "Apricot" ... you just said you loved them! And she has apricot-ish colored spots. Or ... maybe even better yet, "Caramel" ... 3 month old baby ... doeling? Plain white? "Snowdrop" ????

    Other mamma and other baby - is baby a doeling, too? No names right now ... except I might possibly name the doeling "June" on-account-of she was born in June.

    If'n I was to win, I'd wait for a bread bag.

    Lovely apricots, even if there aren't many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS ... mamma of the youngest could be called "Meadow Rue" ... "Rue" for short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In order:
    Annie(as in Oakley)
    Sugar
    Peaches
    Cream

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie-both babies are girls, yes.
    Polly-We already have an Annie-the fist goats we got are sisters and one had kidded the week prior and the other was due in 6 weeks. We were calling her "auntie" and decided she'd be Annie, her sister, already a mother is Molly.

    My dad called and suggested we call the new baby girl yodelady, from the puppet scene in Sound of Music. I'm liking that idea and wondering about other names from the movie. I'm liking some of the food names too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My suggestions
    New Mama - Flo
    her baby - Pippy
    other Mama - Pru
    other baby - KiKi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mammas-Mabel and Maude

    Kids -Pickles and Cupcake

    ReplyDelete