Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Books and Reading

I already confessed a passion for books and reading.  My passion is starting to cost me a few dollars here and there in over due book fines.  My local library network has a decent online tool that shows me what I have out and when it's due.  It also emails me 2 days before an item is due to remind me.  I'm usually quite good and either getting it back to the library or renewing it, but lately I'm either TOTALLY forgetting that I even got the email, or there has been a breakdown in their system.  I logged in tonight to place a hold on another book that looks interesting and learned that I have two books that were due May 1st.  That's over a week ago!  The odd part is I owe $1.20 for one and .25 cents for the other.  If they were both due on the same day, then there must be different rates based on which library it came from.  In the big picture, I don't mind so much, as the fees go toward building projects (I think), but it's one of those things that I used to NEVER let happen that has changed since becoming a mom!  At least I got to renew them online tonight so that the fees stop accruing.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe some day all the books will be online and we can just punch in the title and keep it on computer til we are done with it. lol Sure would save storage area of all my book collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bad about buying books-I try to buy used.
    Hey-did your vines make it???

    ReplyDelete