Friday, November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Chips

Today we made pumpkin chips.  We had purchased a bag of Sweets & Beets after cutting a truckload of wood today...and on the way home talked about getting our gigantic pumpkin made into puree so we can make pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake.  That's when Tony thought it might be fun to try making pumpkin chips.  He was talking about making a puree and drying it, I suggested he just use the vegetable peeler and slice it raw.  We tried some on the oven, with salt and garlic powder on them and they're pretty good!  Now we've got the dehydrator full to test that method.


This post is part of the Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have a few beets and I was considering trying something like this with them, but I never thought of pumpkin chips. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything pumpkin-I am sure a pumpkin chip would be just terrific. I am thinking about investing in a dehydrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I preferred them thinner and from the oven. The dehydrated ones are too thick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polly-check out these recipes. I'm making the cake today, and maybe the brownies if I have all the ingredients.

    http://divinehealthfromtheinsideout.com/2010/10/pumpkin-chocolate-swirl-brownies/comment-page-1/#comment-5518

    http://www.foodrenegade.com/pumpkin-cake-bars-with-cinnamon-icing/

    ReplyDelete