Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The First Freeze

I can't find an accurate official low for last night, but my guess was mid 20's.  Tony got home around 11:30 and the car thermometer was reading 32*, and that car is infamous for reading high.  While walking with a friend I mentioned the temperature and she said it was 26* at 8AM in the shade.  I believe it!

I didn't take pictures, but the trees were dropping their leaves rapidly as the sun came up over the mountains.  At one point they were coming down so quickly it sounded like rain falling.  Now the ground is covered in a carpet of yellow and green leaves!  I'm trying to scoop them up to feed the goats-too bad our perimeter isn't fenced so I could just let them out to clean the ground.

I don't remember looking at the temp while I was out early this afternoon.  It got warm enough to be out in short sleeves though.  I love that!

1 comment:

  1. Fall is my favorite season! We barely escaped freezing twice last week...it is back warm now,crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete