We've never had the pleasure of meeting in person, but we do keep in touch online. She's an amazing photographer and has been toying with the idea of turning her work into a marketable product. She recently took the leap of faith and has posted her work in her artfire store. Take a look and let her know what you think-she'd be grateful to read your encouraging words. It probably wouldn't hurt if you wanted to buy something too. ;-)
I'm a follower of Jesus, seeking to live an authentic life. I'm a wife, step mom, foster (now adoptive!) mom, daughter, farmer, friend, volunteer. I want to continue to grow into the woman that God created me to be, trusting that at this moment I am right where He wants me. I also know that He won't leave me in the state I'm in, that I will continually be molded and shaped to be more like His Son.
1. Hard Cheese: We didn’t try this during the summer when milk was plentiful because we had no way to maintain the low temps required for aging. Tony made a press for me for Christmas, but now that temps are cool, we aren’t getting enough milk!
1. Grow feed for our flock and herd: We may be moving to a place with 10 acres. I’d like to learn about rotational grazing so that we can be growing one pasture while they're grazing another. I want to start a worm farm to feed poultry during winter.
2. Properly prepare grains: Taking classes at GNOWFGLINS for this and many other food and kitchen strategies!
3. Raise rabbits: For meat and to clean up hay goats leave behind (if we still have to buy hay).
4. Make soap: This will be a combined effort with Tony!