Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wellness Wednesday, February 16th

Or maybe not so well!  I feel great today, but have been emotionally stressed for several days, then last night looked up symptoms for arsenic poisoning and it's possible I've been poisoned!Symptoms of arsenic poisoning begin with headaches, confusion and drowsiness.  We tested our well water about 2.5 years ago having heard the area is known to have high levels of arsenic.  The test verified that info and we began buying all our drinking and cooking water.  I thought at that time I looked up symptoms to know what to look for, but after reading them last night I don't recall any of these.

My next task is to research how well it is absorbed by the skin, to see if bathing/showering in high arsenic water is enough to bring on poisoning.  It doesn't seem likely that washing clothes and dishes in it would leave enough residue to be an issue, but I don't know that for sure.  I'm also going to be tested and see if I really am poisoned.

It never really occurred to me that the water we get from the machine in front of the grocery store could also be contaminated, if the whole area is known to be at risk.  So maybe we've been paying  to be poisoned!  We might test that water too.

I did read that foods with sulphur (eggs, onion, garlic) will help carry the arsenic out of the body, and the symptoms listed started in me within the last 6 weeks.  About 6 weeks before that is when we had to cut back out egg consumption because the hens were only providing about 3-5 per day.  That's gone back up to 9-11 now, so I started putting them into our morning smoothie again.

Anyone got info about arsenic poisoning?

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I have no experience with it. Hope you get things figured out.

    ReplyDelete