Friday, August 6, 2010

Down Time

I hope to spend some time over the next few days praying and coming up with a schedule that allows for housework, exercise, animal care, home schooling and fun time. This might help me have relaxing time on a daily basis and get closer to good health. I’d like to be able to implement it shortly after returning home, with schooling starting the day after Labor Day.


While out camping, my aunt brought paints and wood crafts for all of the little kids to paint. TJ hasn’t been interested in that kind of thing in the past so I was curious to see his response. He chose to paint a door hanger in the shape of an elephant and actually did a pretty good job. Then he wanted to paint a bird house and covered it quite well too. Then some of the older kids started looking for rocks to paint and he found one that looked like an alligator and painted it green, and gramma put wiggly eyes on it. On the last day he found a stick that he called a “soldier gun” so that got painted brown and green in an attempt at camo design. Now I’m glad that we bought him a couple of simple wood models to paint and a set of paints at the back to school sales. Hopefully I can continue his interest in crafts after we get home.

My down time will hopefully consist of some blocks of internet time (if you’re reading this, I at least got a few minutes of internet time-I’m writing at another aunt’s house, but she only has dial up and I don’t think my laptop even has a dial up modem); some time wandering at the farmers market Saturday; and some planning time. I think I operate better when I can take periodic breaks to assess the current system and make necessary changes. Right now I think a lot of changes need to be made, and being away from the normal daily routine should help highlight those things.

I miss my CafĂ©Mom friends and blog land. If I get at least one block of internet time I’ll be able to do a little catching up. I’m thinking I can take TJ to a McDonald’s that has a play place and internet access and both of us will get to do one of our favorite things!

4 comments:

  1. McDonald's had internet access, but I couldn't connect to it. I'm in the parking lot of a moxie java right now to post this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your vacation and hope you are rejuvenated when you return! I have to re-evaluate my schedule about 4 times a year. Seems things just don't stay constant enough to keep in one way year-round! I've just about got my summer routine in shape and now I need to start thinking about fall and adding homeschooling into the mix! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy-we need seasonal schedules too. Up earlier in the summer, breaks for heat, then change it all when it gets cold! I usually do something for the new year, then back to school time even though this is the first year I've got a reason to. Kinda like a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I'm sure as you watch TJ grow, you will find a whole lot of interests he will go thru. Now that you found painting holds his attention, when you get home, you may find he is a big help to you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and looking forward to your being back.

    ReplyDelete