Monday, February 6, 2012

The Testimony of Our Pig

She loves milk.  Real, whole, raw milk.  The timing wasn't right for her though, as the goats are dry prior to her reaching butcher weight, so she hasn't had milk for a while.  Until my husband noticed 1/2 gallons on sale at the grocery store for .88¢.  I saw it too and never thought about actually buying any for her.  He did and started giving it to her.  Guess what?  She doesn't like pasteurized, homogenized, high pressure treated, possibly hormone and antibiotic containing, artificially fortified white liquid.

With real milk, she slurps it up first, no matter what else is in her feed bin.  With the other stuff, she ignored it at first, but has started drinking it after everything else is gone.  I'm thinking I don't want her to have any of this for a few weeks prior to butchering.

Interesting, huh?

This post is shared at the Homestead Barn Hop at Homestead Revival and Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade.
  Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog from the barn hop, I'm a newbie :) I love your pig and her smarts...it is interesting how our thought processes have changed over time too. After eating our real food for a few years I look at grocery store food very differently, it happened so gradually I didn't realize it was even happening. Thanks for sharing your pig's testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Lais! I know what you mean about seeing grocery store food differently now.

    ReplyDelete