Friday, February 17, 2012

Eggs

In the last two days we've found or gathered 30 of them!  33 if you count the duck eggs.
I found these early this afternoon.  I had just returned home from a false alarm-I can now add goat midwife to my resume-when one of our hens cackled at me from behind the minivan.  If you own hens, you know the cackle that says, "look at me, I just laid and egg!"  I went to investigate and that's what I found.

Yesterday our son found 10 in the old feed box that was used when we were trying to milk our cow.  The hens also laid 12 in the hen house-double what we've been getting!

I found 1 duck egg on the lawn yesterday and 2 in their pen today.  What a blessing!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like Easter at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it seems that every time production takes a plunge I assume it's weather related because I can never find their hiding spot. Then we'll have a time like this where I'm finding them all over and wonder how many have been stolen by skunks or other critters. Our new house will be fully fenced and cross fenced, so I'm hoping we'll be able to keep out all those critters, but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete