Monday, April 18, 2011

Tuna Quesadillas

The other day I wrote about making a Mexican spiced version of tuna salad.  Tonight we're having it on quesadillas.  Here's how I made them:

To a dollop of mayo I added 1/4 tsp each of cumin, onion powder and dried cilantro leaves, stirring to combine.  I then added 2 5oz cans of drained tuna and mixed well.  I made it less moist than if I were making tuna salad-just enough mayo to hold it together.

I then assembled the quesadallas with a layer of tuna, freshly chopped green onion and shredded colby jack cheese and toasted in the toaster oven until the cheese was melted.  That'd be dark toast on mine.  We ate them with salsa, but sour cream, guacamole or sliced avocado would be wonderful too.  They're kind of like tuna melts with a twist!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! I would love it ..now if I could just get my boys to eat tuna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just use 1 can and eat it all yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound good. Right now my kids think that anything in a tortilla is great, so this is a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what peanutbutter and bananas in a tortilla would taste like?

    ReplyDelete