I'm a follower of Jesus, seeking to live an authentic life. I'm a wife, step mom, foster (now adoptive!) mom, daughter, farmer, friend, volunteer. I want to continue to grow into the woman that God created me to be, trusting that at this moment I am right where He wants me. I also know that He won't leave me in the state I'm in, that I will continually be molded and shaped to be more like His Son.
1. Hard Cheese: We didn’t try this during the summer when milk was plentiful because we had no way to maintain the low temps required for aging. Tony made a press for me for Christmas, but now that temps are cool, we aren’t getting enough milk!
1. Grow feed for our flock and herd: We may be moving to a place with 10 acres. I’d like to learn about rotational grazing so that we can be growing one pasture while they're grazing another. I want to start a worm farm to feed poultry during winter.
2. Properly prepare grains: Taking classes at GNOWFGLINS for this and many other food and kitchen strategies!
3. Raise rabbits: For meat and to clean up hay goats leave behind (if we still have to buy hay).
4. Make soap: This will be a combined effort with Tony!