Friday, October 22, 2010

The Look & Feel of a Blog

I liked the old Blogger design tools better than the new system.  What I'd like even better than that is the knowledge to make and create blog backgrounds and layouts.  Some of the blogs I follow are so nicely layed out. 

Amy, at Homestead Revival has a very homey and welcoming blog.
At A Wise Woman Builds Her House, the site is beautiful and the music complements the blog substance.
At Keeper of the Home, Stephanie has a clean, crisp look.  Here's another at Small Notebook.

I like my blog to be welcoming, pleasing to the eye, and easy to navigate.  It's also a source of reminders for me, like the side bar constants that I just cleaned up.  I used to have a home business teaching and training home users and small business owners how to use their computers.  In all that time I never learned even basic HTML.  I've tried a few times, but it just doesn't make sense to me.  I'd love to create a look for my blog that truly represents me and my goals.  Got any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I've done graphic design and built websites, but I'm having a hard time applying that knowledge to the blog world. I haven't had the time to really sit down and work out how I want things, but I've been looking at other blogs and trying to figure out how they did what they did.
    One thing that helps in web design and graphic design is to look at other sites, like you did and figure out what it is that you like so much. Then try it with yours. Three of the four blogs you listed are very simple, white backgrounds. Their banners or logos are able to catch your eye without any competition.
    That's all I've got. I'm trying to do the same thing. I want my blog to reflect who I am better. Just have to figure out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete