Sunday, September 18, 2011

Monday Meal Plan, Sept 19-25

I decided to participate in the Plan It, Don't Panic meal planning challenge hosted by Stephanie at Keeper of the Home

I like making plans.  I'm not so good at following them though.  Whether they be meal plans, housekeeping plans, homeschool plans-any plan.  My excitement comes with making it, not following it!  I learned why a couple of years ago, but that's another topic for another time.  The challenge doesn't actually start until next Monday, but my family and I will be better off starting it now.  My son and I will actually eat lunch!

So here it is (Smoothie, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, in that order)
Monday-
  • Chocolate Banana Smoothie (AKA S1)
  • Sourdough waffles
  • Egg salad and SD crackers
  • Beef short ribs
Tuesday-
  • Coconut Milk Smoothie (AKA S2)
  • Boiled eggs and fruit with goat cheese
  • Quesadillas
  • Bean Soup
Wednesday-
  • S1
  • Coconut flour pancakes
  • Goat cheese, SD crackers and carrots
  • Pulled pork
Thursday-
  • S2
  • Scrambled eggs and SD English muffins
  • Peanut butter and celery
  • Frittata
Friday-
  • S1
  • Baked oatmeal
  • Goat cheese and tomatoes
  • Homemade hot wings
Saturday-
  • Berry Smoothie
  • Bacon, eggs and SD toast
  • Goat cheese and crackers
  • Meatza pizza
Sunday-
  • S1
  • Baked oatmeal
  • Leftovers
  • Leftovers
I'm also going to try making some coconut oil fudge for snacks, and I usually have coconut bark to nibble throughout the day too.  Each morning I hope to brew some herbal teas to sip on also.  One is high in vitamin C, the other in calcium.  I've got another that I brew a couple of quarts at a time and keep in the fridge.  It's not the best tasting, but is supposed to be good for adrenal fatigue so I'm trying it.  This plan is obviously fairly bare bones, but that's more than I usually have to go on.  I want to stop at the farm stands up the road and get some fresh veggies to add to meals, and I forgot that my parents gave us a couple of packages of raspberries that I'll likely serve with freshly whipped cream.  There may be some homemade ice cream happening at various times too.  It's been a long week, a fun filled weekend and I'm tired, so there aren't links to where some of my recipes are found, or other posts that explain some other things, but maybe later in the week I'll come back and add them in.  Can you tell we have a large, steady supply of goat milk?  [The smoothies and goat cheese both utilize this wonderful commodity!]

No comments:

Post a Comment