Monday, August 15, 2011

Social Media Sites

You know the drill.  You can "like" something on facebook or tweet about things.  Now I'm hearing about one called pinterest which looks like a visual bookmark page, as far as I can tell.  I don't see the attraction at this point though.

I had a facebook account a couple of years ago.  The young moms in my MOPS group said it was great-find old friends, keep up with new friends, play games, share pictures.  So I tried.  I didn't like it.  I think I had my account for close to a year.  It was a time sucker that didn't give me anything positive to show for it, so I disabled it.

I've never tweeted, and as mentioned, don't see the attraction to pinterest.  However, it's getting harder and harder to get some of the wonderful things bloggers offer unless I have a facebook account, so I'm considering getting one somewhat incognito.  Perhaps using my blog name as the log in account, and then only using it to access updates from other bloggers, etc.  Yeah, I think that's what I'll do, but someone needs to keep me accountable to ONLY using it for those purposes.  I've been reducing screen time and want to stay on that trend.

How about you?  Do you enjoy the social media sites or find them overwhelming and time consuming?

1 comment:

  1. Apparently I only "deactivated" my account when I stopped using fb. Now I can't create another account with my email address for another 2 weeks. Not an issue, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete